Thursday, September 16, 2010

Ready for the Weekend

The week has flown by. I swear to you that Monday was only a few hours ago. Now, don’t get me wrong, I am absolutely not complaining, I just hate feeling like life is rushing by and that I might be missing something.

That said, I am ready for the weekend. More than ready. Brimming with excitement. Here’s why:

1. Tomorrow I have a big presentaito that I just want to put behind me. Public speaking is so not my forte.
2. Gretchen is coming up Friday and I feel like it’s been 100 years since I’ve seen her. Half of my best girlfriends are in Little Rock and, even though it’s just two and a half hours away, I hate that we’re not a part of each other’s everyday lives.
3. Sadie gets her stitches out Saturday morning and we get to ask the doctor why the hell she has taken to peeing all over the house. Sick, I know, but a disgusting reality.

And the drum roll please….

4. We’re hosting a Beers Around the World Brunch Tailgate and I can’t wait to cook brunch, hang out with friends, try the international brews that everyone brings and watch my first Razorback game of the season.

I’ve been wrapped up in wedding events the past two weekends and have totally missed out on my favorite time of year. But don’t get the wrong idea, I enjoy watching college football as much as the other guy, but I really love drinking beer outside with friends and the amazing weather that comes with the season. So mostly I love football by association.

In case you’re as nosy as I am, you’ll want to know what I’m serving. Here’s my menu:

• Sausage hash brown casserole
• Overnight French toast (I’ve never made it before, but it’s like a French toast casserole)
• Tons of bacon
• Salsa and chips (post brunch, during game snack)
• French onion dip
• Bacon cheddar dip (Gretchen’s making – I’m excited to try it because really, who doesn’t love creamy bacon and cheddar?)

It’s super simple and designed to be prepared mostly the night before. The last thing I want to do is be stuck in the kitchen while everyone else is having fun, watching the game and trying beers from around the world. I also made up some super cute scorecards so that everyone could keep track of their favorite and least favorite beers. Razorback themed, of course!

Everyone have a fantastic weekend and if you’re in Fayetteville Saturday morning, grab a sixer of your favorite brew and come on over.

P.S. – do you guys think the menu is appropriate for 20 ish people? I tend to go overboard and have tried to rein myself in on this particular event.

1 comment: