Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Dirty Little Secret

I am a wedding registry stalker and I can’t control it. The first step is admitting you have a problem, right?

I can’t explain why I find it so interesting to creep on acquaintances’ wedding registries, but if you’re getting married or have recently done so, I probably have a pretty good idea as to what you new kitchen is going to look like.

I like to think that this strange mini-obsession comes from a good, healthy place. Maybe it’s that I don’t feel quite comfortable squeezing you for details about your huge life events, but I still care. And a little part of me feels like I’ve participated in your happiness just a bit when I check out what you’re hoping people get you. Or maybe I’m just jealous that I can’t have all of your presents. Bet these folks would really appreciate it if I purchase something from their registry, rather than just perusing.

Now that I’ve gone off the creep end, I’ll close this little post down. But really, it’s not as weird as it seems, right?

2 comments:

  1. On the weird scale, totally not high. I've done some way weirder, more stalkerish things...

    ReplyDelete
  2. well now i'm curious. perhaps over a cocktail...

    ReplyDelete