Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer Doldrums

It’s Official. I’m in a rut. Maybe it’s the summer heat slowing life down or maybe there are other factors weighing me down, but I am undeniably bored and generally discontent with certain parts of life. It’s probably apparent through my very few recent posts. My sleepy little mountain town and the monotony that is grown up life has become disconcerting. Maybe it’s just a bump in the road. Maybe it’s something more. Am I being melodramatic? Do you ever feel like things move too slowly – like you’re constantly trying to slow yourself down to keep pace with everyone else? I think I'm just ready for some excitement. Hello vacation, where are you?

3 comments:

  1. Nice to know I have company in my rut. I avoid complete loss of sanity by daydreaming about future projects, one of which has been nagging at me for some time now. I want to chat about this crazy idea with you soon. It might just be the solution to your rut. Let's grab lunch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oooohhhh....sounds so very intriguing. i wanna know!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel very grateful that I read this. It is very helpful and very informative and I really learned a lot from it. G 19 gen 4 mos

    ReplyDelete